This course pertains to NFPA 1041 Standard for Fire Service Instructor Professional
This course is designed to follow the guidelines of the Missouri Division of Fire safety and
IFSTA Fire Service Instructor curriculums. The course focuses on the presentation skills needed by new instructors delivering prepared lesson plans while addressing NFPA 1041 competencies at the Fire Instructor I level. Participants will make presentations and take quizzes on each chapter of the IFSTA Fire and Emergency Services Instructor text.
COURSE OBJECTIVES AND SKILL DEVELOPMENT
• Lesson plan preparation
• Developing presentation skills
• Identifying lesson objectives
• Using audio/visual equipment
• Preparing test
• How to evaluate
• Legal and ethical considerations
• Effective communication skills
Classes may have a maximum of 30 students. Class contacts and locations for the courses will be determined by LETS with approval for the Division of Fire Safety.
Fire Instructor I course instructors meet or exceed all relevant standards with resumes available on request.
• All instructor fees
• Certificates of completion
• Classroom videos and handout materials
• Support personnel and instructors provided by, Local Emergency Training Specialists, LLC